Here a blog with more on sell-out Democrat Crowley: Down with Tyranny "Joseph Crowley-- A Good Place To Draw That Line In The Sand? "
Links to my twitpics of the Protest of Crowley last Tuesday, April 10th in Queens NY
Doing a series here. Of Adam Weissman etc [no that's not Weiss-Haupt] at the CROWLEY [LOL] protest last April 10th
I'm using TwitPic, since if I use Facebook or Blogger I think the MAN gets the ownership of the image #antifascism
Also, I believe #twitpic allows one to keep ownership & copyright even if one uploads, using their service.
& images on #twitpic go full size! So it's my choice for housing images on net Beautiful evening in Queens County
Mocking up bankers [got 2 get some interest here] twitter hits are tanking. #worldtradeprotest queens last Tuesday
Rep Crowley sold out 2 Bankers / Murderers of the "3rd World" Media backs the genocide. #antinwo Queens protest
Blood on his hands #crowley Protest last Tuesday in Queens NY #adamweissman #wetlands activism group
Anti FTA ["Free" Trade Agreement] Free for Whom? Protest in Queens last Tuesday at event where Rep Crowley spoke.
Adam Wiessman commands a shamanic force for all of his sacrifice [no joke] 4 animals, people, ecology / Earth
Odds and Ends , and minor versions of previous images. IMO #nwo protest #adamweissman at CROWLEY protest.
Odds and Ends, Mugging for the camera. #nwo protest #adamweissman at CROWLEY protest.
Odds and Ends, Placards. #nwo protest #adamweissman at CROWLEY protest. LOL #antifta #fta
Odds and Ends, Placard #nwo protest #adamweissman at CROWLEY protest.
*Why Protest Crowley? *
Queens Congressional Rep and Queens Democratic Machine Boss Joseph Crowley, first won his Congressional seat in an unopposed primary and is reelected term after term with virtually no electoral opposition. Crowley has abused this safe seat to continually sell out the interests of the 99% while taking in big money from the corporate elites.
Crowley heads the New Democrats Coalition, an alliance of centrist, pro-corporate Democratic legislators tied to the infamous Democratic Leadership Council. A ProPublica expose revealed the New Democrats's close ties to “large banks, pharmaceutical firms, insurance companies, and big-ticket trade groups” (http://www.propublica.org/article/new-democrat-coalition).
The Office of Congressional Ethics recommended a full-blown probe of whether improperly solicited donations from corporate executives just before voting on legislation overhauling Wall Street. The scrutiny centers on a series of fund-raisers -- including one Crowley attended last Dec. 10, at which he collected thousands of dollars from financial power brokers before returning to the Capitol to vote against a series of amendments that would have imposed tougher restrictions on Wall Street. Crowley was reported to have received at least $23,500 before the vote.
As New Democrats coalition leader, Crowley, a member of the House Ways and Means Committee, Congressional committee that oversees trade legislation, pushed Obama to pass free trade agreements with Colombia, South Korea, and Panama, pressured other Congressmembers to vote for them, and voted for all three agreements in October – despite knowing that these agreements will:
- give foreign corporation the right to sue the US for unlimited sums in international tribunals if they believe our environmental, health, food safety, and labor laws interfere with their future potential profits.
- protect the 1% and multinational corporations' use of Panamanian banks to hide their wealth to avoid paying taxes in the US while vital social services are cut. This will also help Colombia cocaine cartels linked to paramilitary terrorist groups launder drug profits.
- outsource an estimated 214,000 US jobs – many to exploitative sweatshops.
- exacerbate the destruction of the Amazon rainforest, Panama's Darien Rainforest and other endangered ecosystems and wildlife by oil, mining, logging, natural gas, and plantation agriculture interests.
- ban regulations on Wall Street – prohibiting rules against toxic derivatives, “too big to fail”, and commonsense capital controls.
- exacerbate human rights atrocities and assassinations of labor organizers, indigenous leaders, Afro-Colombians, environmental and gay rights activists, judges, journalists, children, and community organizers by government-linked, right-wing paramilitary death squads working to advance the interests of Coca-Cola and other US corporations operating in Colombia. Since the October vote for the Colombia FTA the assassinations have continued with victims including an election observer, an indigenous leader, an advocate for the rights of displaced persons, and a union organizer.
- continue the displacement of indigenous and Afro-descendant peoples in Colombia and Panama.
- expand exports of inhumane, polluting, dangerous factory farms that produce toxic foods and incubate diseases like swine flu and bird flu and drive family farmers out of business.
- limit access to AIDS drugs and other life saving medications by expanding corporate patent rights on drugs.
- encourage the privatization of education and other public services, making them less affordable for the 99%.
- force South Korea to eliminate its ban on genetically modified foods and to import US cars that fail to meet Korean auto emissions standards, exacerbating climate change.
With Obama negotiating the Trans-Pacific Partnership, a new, 9 country free trade agreement that looks to be even worse than the Panama, Colombia, and South Korea Free Trade Agreements, it's vital that we let Congressman Crowley and other Wall Street Democrats know that they will be held accountable when they sell us out to the 1%!